Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day One: May Day Baskets

May Day Basket
     When I was in Elementary School, each year on my Birthday, we celebrated "May Day" to Welcome Spring!  I Loved this event for 2 reasons: One, it was my belief that everyone in school was Celebrating Me; and Two, it was a Celebration FULL of flowers!  So, today for my First PARK, I made these Baskets to Bless two very dear friends!!
          I started with a bag of Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops (Lollipops), a Hawaiian Lei, some straws, a plastic cup, a mylar balloon, and a sharpie.
     First, I separated the Flower Lei to use the flowers.  This particular lei was made with two flower petals of like color separated by a small tube, alternating color; which made it very easy to separate.  I then, cut a small slit in the flowers, and inserted a lollipop in the center.

     Next, I added a short straw to the lollipop stick for length.  Finally, I cut the mylar balloon stem to fit the bouquet.  
     And, VuaLaw - a May Day Basket!!  I then added a Scripture Reference to the balloon declaring blessing over my friends, and finally delivered with LOTS of Love!!

     I can honestly say that this has begun the most memorable birthday thus far!  To Celebrate Life and Love by being Others Minded is a true blessing!!  Thank You to ALL those choosing to PARK with me for the next 40 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment