Monday, May 7, 2012

Day Seven: Honor Mother

Reference
Day Seven: Honor Mother
(& Grandmother)
     Today, we PARKed by preparing homemade cards for my Mother, who lives out of state.  Since we don't get to visit as often as we'd like, we wanted to take time to Really honor her with our words and creativity.  I wanted to have our kids prepare something with their hand prints, and gained Great Inspiration online!  Time being of essence, we committed to complete our cards today, so we could get them mailed USPS with maximum delivery time allotted!!
     I found a really sweet poem online, by Anonymous which I included in my card along with a brief note giving thanks for example, faith and great love!!
     Our 13 yo Daughter opted for her hand print in a fold out heart shape, which she embellished with thoughts of gratitude and memory!
     Finally, our 9 yo Son liked the idea of using his hand prints to quantify his Love!!
 He folded a paper stretchy chain and glued it in between the hands...
     I SO enjoyed creating this symbols of honor for my Mother, and am confident that they will Bless Her Heart!! 
     Several years ago, I really got a hold of what it is to "Honor", and encourage you as you prepare to Honor Your Mother this weekend to pause and study the meaning of honor.  This epiphany completely changed my perspective about my Parents, especially now that I share this title.  To honor implies having a profound respect mingled with love, devotion or awe - a term accurately directed towards Mother!  This study also caused me to consider what it is to be honorable.  Needless to say, as I spend time cherishing my Mother, I purpose to be a Woman whose children arise and call Blessed!!  May you enjoy PARKing with your Mothers this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment